Starting up a new business is an exciting time, focusing on your passion and working hard to get it off the ground.
Equally it is a time when a lot of questions arise – do I need to register HMRC, what is the most suitable way to structure my business, what can I claim as expenses, how should I keep my books? Fortunately, we can help with all of this enabling you to focus upon the business side of things and leaving the financial side to us. We can help you by ensuring your accounts are prepared in the correct format, statutory books and other company secretarial records are kept up-to-date and that all statutory returns are prepared. Our experienced team will relieve you of the regulatory burden and leave you more time to concentrate on your core business activities. In short, we will make sure everything is in the right format, in the right place and at the right time.
In addition we can help with preparing a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts; financing; help you keep on top of bookkeeping, payroll and other accounting requirements; all aspects of business compliance and administration, and if you decide to incorporate we can deal with company formation and company secretarial issues on your behalf.
We can offer pay as you go services – for these you can specify what services you need and we will provide a competitive quote (which includes phone calls, emails or just popping into the office) and we will invoice for the work as we go.
Alternatively, we can provide 2 options for paying monthly which are specifically designed for sole traders and business start-ups:
Our Primary Package, typically from £40 plus VAT, per month:
Services included within this are:
- Provision of cloud accounting software and making tax digital compliance (along with initial advice on how to use this)
- HMRC registrations (Self-assessment, PAYE, VAT and Corporation tax, as applicable)
- Annual accounts and personal tax and if you decide to incorporate, corporation tax
- Provision of a tax investigation service which provides peace of mind against additional costs which could be incurred if the HMRC decide to conduct an investigation into your situation or your business. Being the subject of a tax investigation or enquiry by HMRC can be a stressful and worrying experience. We have a wealth of experience in dealing with HMRC investigations – if you are the subject of an investigation, we can provide expert help and support.
- Provision of a free legal helpline should you need legal advice
Our Bronze package, typically from £100 per month, plus VAT:
This includes all services within our Primary package along with:
- Payroll (including auto enrolment) – running a payroll can be time consuming and complicated and can divert resources from the core activities of your business. We can provide a complete service whatever the size or complexity of your business and ensure you comply with Real Time Information required by HMRC.
- Directors self-assessment tax returns
- A free pre year-end review looking at corporation tax efficiency and profit extraction from the business
- Company Secretarial Support – including provision of Registered Office facilities
For sole traders and new business start-ups, our professional association, the AAT, has provided Informi a recently launched website available at informi.co.uk which provides free business guidance and support. Informi enables sole traders and small businesses to make better decisions and, in the process, guide them to a more secure and profitable future. The website provides crucial support resources and guidance for every stage of the business life cycle – from start-up all the way to expansion and growth